Summer is here! The life of night is an important part for us to spend this hot weather. For example, when night falls, we often like to entertain friends or hold a family party in the yard. At this moment, we need the light to light up the night and add some brilliant atmosphere. You don’t need to buy some splendid lights in the stores. In fact, we can do something special with the common incandescent lights in your home to add gorgeous radiance to the yard. Come and enjoy the following charming ideas adding DIY outdoor lighting to your summer night that can beautifully illuminate your backyard or patio.
1. Place a baker’s rack in your balcony as a mini garden.
2. Build a super frugal pergola decorated with string lights.
3. Build a wooden post topped with a solar-powered post cap, and then hanging up a large lantern to decorate it.
4. Install rope light as walkway illumination and landscape lights.
5. Wrap decorative ribbon and icicle lights around a hula hoop to create so cool chandelier.
6. Floating candles bucket can be a simple and romantic backyard decoration.
7. Installing lights under benches.
8. Decorate your garden fence with these DIY hanging mason jar lights.
9. Candles in a galvanized tub.
10. Go for an easy and cheap tabletop fire bowl.
11. String up some outdoor lights by using a cement base with tree poles added into the cement.
12. Build a fire pit to warm up your patio or yard in an evening.
13. Create a faux fire with fairy lights loosely draped over a pile of wooden logs.
14. Cover a backyard tree trunk with fairy lights.
15. Wood and mason jars lighting are perfect for this cool backyard pergola.
16. Use led walkway lighting to create cute patterns in your front yard.
17. Reuse some old glass shades and old string lights to make these glowing outdoor orbs to improve your landscapes in summer evenings.
18. Recycled wine bottle lighting.
19. Hang a string of fairy lights and enjoy them every evening.
20. Hang these mason jar luminaries on the railing.