Learn how to create your own ketchup from fresh tomatoes and put it to good use!
It’s a versatile condiment that you can use all the time. You’ll go through a bottle in no time eating hot dogs, hamburgers, and fries.
The greatest part is that it can be made in your slow cooker.. No more waiting for it to decrease and thicken while hunched over a hot fire for hours on end.
So, the next time you want to have ketchup on a hamburger, hot dog, or French fries, make sure it’s homemade!
- 4 lbs. of paste tomatoes, stems removed and quartered
- 2/3 cup of white sugar or 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, distilled
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 3/4 tsps salt
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1/ 8tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 whole clove