Don’t put away your rake until you’ve finished the last of your gardening chores for the season. If you want your garden to look fantastic when spring arrives, there are ten things you need to do this fall before the first snow falls.
1. Evaluate your garden objectively
What was successful this year? In what ways would you change your approach for the following year? Get ahead of the game and make a list of things you need to buy in the spring. The autumn season is also a wonderful time for taking stock of:
- How do I know which plants need to be divided?
- Is there a better location in the garden for some of the plants?
- places that require extra seclusion or concealment because of less-than-ideal perspectives
- Where extra fall-flowering plants would be welcome or beneficial